From September 7 to October 10 of this year, a friend and I completed a road trip that some have qualified as “lifetime”.
Over 33 days, I drove 9,714 miles (15,633 km) through 21 states. We successively visited the following places, and I’ve added links to the posts related to each so that you can click on them to view the photos taken at each location.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water house in Mill Run, PA.
- Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.
- Shirley Welden Butterfly House (Calkins Nature Area) in Iowa Falls, IA.
- Badlands National Park in South Dakota.
- Mt Rushmore National Monument in South Dakota.
- Devils Tower National Monument in Wyoming.
- Little Big Horn Battlefield National Monument in Crow Agency, Montana.https://neihtn.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/a-full-day/
- Glacier National Park in Montana.
- Kootenai Falls, in Libby, Montana.
- Mt Rainier National Park in Washington.
- Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.
- Bodie in California.
- Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest in California.
- Great Basin National Park in Nevada.
- Red Canyon and Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah.
- Capitol Reef National Park in Utah.
- Goblin Valley State Park in Utah.
- Arches National Park in Utah.
- Dead Horse Point State Park in Utah.
- Canyonlands National Park in Utah.
- Canyon De Chelly National Monument in Arizona.
- Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona.
- Four Corners Monument in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park in Colorado.
- Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
I took 3,021 photos and my friend probably took about the same number. Now that we are safely back home, I will go back through my files and comb through them for the more interesting shots worthy of being posted on this blog.
On our last day at Great Sand Dunes, a Bluebird flew and perched on an electric wire near where I stood. I had never seen one before, either back in New Jersey or out West, so I promptly pulled out my camera and took the following shot.